Serious accident in an Indian tannery. Three workers of a company in Pariyavarigam, a town inside the Tamil Nadu state, lost their lives while they were cleaning a tank (in the picture by thehindu.com). One of the workers was a supervisor, 48 years old, while the other 2 were 22 and 23 years of age. According to the first reconstruction of what happened, the first one entering the tank was the youngest of the three. The 22-year-old male was allegedly suffocated by the poisonous gases inside the structure. Noticing the male falling inside the tank, first the supervisor, and then the other worker entered the tank to try and get the 22-year-old out, and also suffocated. Local authorities have shut down the plant for violations of safety regulations.