Such mark makes ICEC, the Institute of Quality Certification for the Leather Sector, the reference point for Italian chemists. In fact, at the beginning of November, ZDHC, an international project whose aim is to firmly reduce the chemical footprint of textile and fashion industry, accredited the institute. Well, at this point, ICEC is entitled to assess and issue certifications of compliance to chemical companies according to standards 1,2 and 3 set by MRSL ZDHC (Gateway: Chemical Module).
The reference point for Italian chemists
At present ICEC is already the leading institute of quality certification for the leather industry: in Italy and abroad. The Milanese institute certifies (among others) the traceability and sustainability of leather made in Italy as well as manufactured by international tanneries. Thanks to such further step, ICEC gets qualified as an area benchmark for chemical companies supplying the industry.
- The Amazon, ICEC certifies hides by Italia and Poletto tanneries
- Everyone is asking for slow luxury? Incas answer with Slow Leather
- ICEC Anti-Covid certification: the number of companies is increasing
- Safety today and tomorrow: Sciarada and the ICEC certification against Covid-19
- Chemicals and water: UNIC together with ZDHC tell the brands about Italian tanneries’ sustainable commitment
- At Lineapelle95 ZDHC presents its figures while announcing innovations in the tanning chemistry
- Leather stands up against Higg Index, ICT: “A step forward, not enough though”