German merger, Italian leather: s.Oliver buys Copenhagen Studios

German merger, Italian leather: s.Oliver buys Copenhagen Studios

German retailer s.Oliver Group took over the footwear and accessories’ brands Copenhagen Studios, German enterprise, despite the name. The brand manufactures 65% of its products in Italy, with the remaining 35% in Portugal, while all the leather used comes from Italy. The announcement was made by brothers Julian and Johannes Rellecke, both of which will remain in the company’s management. According to international press, the financial terms of the operation haven’t been made public.

Crossing paths

It’s the second time the Rellecke’s path has crossed with s.Oliver. the latter had already acquired Liebeskind in 2011, brand founded by the same two brothers. Copenhagen Studios was founded in 2017 and is headquartered in Münster. The Rellecke brothers are third-generation footwear manufacturers. Julian is the creative mind and managed the designing process, while Johannes manages commercial and marketing activities. The brand has found Italy to be a strategic manufacturing partner. “Our shoes are designed in Copenhagen and made in small laboratories across Europe: 65% in Italy and 35% in Portugal – says the company’s website -. The leather all comes from family-owned tanneries in Italy”.

Read also:


Choose one of our subscription plans

Do you want to receive our newsletter?
Subscribe now